Monday, February 3, 2014

Melting

It was back to work on Friday as the snow melted around us.


When one of my friends saw this scarf, she said her mother-in-law had made her a similar one.  Must be an in-law thing, because my mother-in-law made me this beautiful one.  It's actually the second one she has made for me, because I left the first one in a restaurant in Morocco ( though when I went back that night it was gone).  This one has actually has a big gash in it- would it look bad if I asked her to make me another one?


This coat was my treat to myself after I took my boards. It's so beautiful that I rarely wear it.  Hmhh...  Silly, I know.  Part of figuring out my style and looking put together means wearing clothes I love, and actually wearing all the clothes I have, so you may see more gems like this coat in the near future.


Originally I walked out the door with a long necklace on as well, but as I glanced in the mirror on the way out I took it off.  The coat is statement enough, the necklace only distracted from it.


Happy Monday!
Linking with Still Being Molly

Coat: Chelsea and Theodore
Sweater:  Walmart
Pants: Dalia Collection via Marshalls/TJ Maxx
Watch:  Tourneau
Scarf: Mother in Law
Shoes:  Life Stride, DSW

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your jacket truly is a gem! I understand the fear of wearing something that is very special and valuable in the wardrobe, though. I did that to my first leather jacket. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think it's my personality- I'm just used to delayed gratification (and you too, it seems, given your grad school process!) ! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by the blog..Always a pleasure to meet fellow Indian Bloggers..:) You are gorgeous and love the coat here. You should wear it more often..its beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, I LOVE that military style jacket - so smart! Wear it more often!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments on my recent post! :)

    Richa
    www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete