Monday, April 14, 2014

March Budget

Yes, I know. We're halfway through April.  What can I say, life happens.

I did pretty well in March.  I only bought one item- this gorgeous pair of flats:



I bought them from Amazon:  $29.99 +$10 shipping
(No commission, just the actual link, and I only see them in gold now).

My dear friend Karen also invited me to my first clothing swap.  It was so much fun!  I took a few clothes, but I had no intention of bringing any home.  I picked up five items, two of which have already made their way to the donate pile.  Since they were headed there anyway, I don't feel so bad. One was a printed drop waist blouse that just did not look good on me, and the other was a flounce scarf.  When I got home and tried it on, the word "jester" popped into my head, and there's no way I can wear it now.

I am keeping a brown corduroy blazer and navy polka blouse, which I wore together in a subsequent outfit. The fifth item, which I am on the fence about, is a polyester pink blazer.  It looks hideous by itself but the fit is actually pretty good, so we'll see.

Total spending for March:  Shoes $40

3 comments:

  1. wow - these flats are gorgeous! and way to go only buying one thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! I respect people who have a one item per month rule, but I don't have any such rule. I did cheat a little with the clothing swap, but I am trying to be more mindful of my purchases. And the shoes are a beauty! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete