Sunday, March 23, 2014

Artiste

In general the few dresses I buy are primarily black.  I like the color, it's flattering and it's versatile.  The exception is this tropical shift dress.  The colors just make me happy.  I bought it last summer and have only worn it in warmer temperatures, so I wanted to try a cold weather look.



I'm happy with how it turned out. The best part is a woman told me she couldn't take her eyes off my outfit, and she's an artist!  (Technically she didn't specify whether it was really good or really bad, so maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions!  ;) )

It would have made sense to wear it with either this green or this coral trenchcoat, especially since it was raining, but that somehow seemed so predictable and boring.  And I have worn those coats recently, but I haven't worn this beautiful blue one all winter.  It goes with the boots, though maybe not the dress.

Funny story about this coat.  It's from a small shop in NYC.  My dear friend Bernadette ended up buying me this coat that I loved, and I ended up buying her a purple hat that she loved.  I considered keeping it for myself, but my better instincts won out in the end.  And she still has the purple hat despite multiple moves!


Coat: NYC
Tshirt: Loft
Sweater: H & M
Dress: Nine West via TJ Maxx
Tights: Vera Wang for Kohls
Boots:  Naturalizer Juletta
Watch: Tourneau

Linking with Visible Mondays
Linking with Vodka Infused Lemonade

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty especially the mix of color blocking and print!

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    http://www.mjoat.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing! I guess I am getting a little more daring!

      Delete
  2. Very nice layering of a lovely spring dress, Rachna. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you keep wearing color, because you look great! I used to wear a lot of black, but I think I got burned out, cause now I crave color! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie! I think it's also the weather- we all want spring to hurry up and get here, and part of that wish is wearing color. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wow, great layering! Cute dress!

    ReplyDelete