Monday, April 21, 2014

Pink Panther

As I stated in my February Budget post, I have had a thing for pink lately.  My mom made me wear frilly dresses as a child, so I rebelled by wearing only pants and dark colors for decades until now.  Maybe it's me trying to get over the long winter but now it seems most of my recent purchases have been pink.  I mentioned some ambivalence about this blazer in my March Budget post.  When I picked it up the polyester material was a turn off, but I liked the way it looked on me.  And free is much cheaper than the pink blazer that Banana Republic carried last winter, the one I loved but wouldn't fit with the rest of my closet.  I tried this out last week at work, and I kept getting compliments all day so here it is:


Sorry didn't notice the wonky right sleeve

So for now it's a keeper.  I'll just try to stay away from flames!

Linking with Not Dead Yet Style

Outfit:
Blazer: Clothing Swap
Sweater: Gap
Skirt: Gap
Boots:  Etienne Aigner
Watch: Tourneau
Necklace: Gift, so sad you can't see it in the photos!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, you look great in hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment at So What to Twenty! I think you and pink make a lovely couple. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color with your brunette beauty, so don't mind the poly too much! I've been looking for a pink dress this spring, and so far no luck. I may need to think separates ... you inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a fan of your haircut, you have NO idea. I so dearly wish I could someday pull this off..having a pixie cut has been my wish for ever now..but could never get it after high school. Sigh, I digress, your outfit is absolute compliment worthy! You look so pretty in pink, you really should wear it more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took me months to get up the nerve to cut my hair off; it went from very long to very short. And with several recent pink purchases it's safe to say I will be wearing it more often!

      Delete