Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Architectural

So I wore this last Friday, when it was seventy five degrees outside, and not today, when it's in the thirties and raining.  Just to clarify for anyone who lives in the area and is wondering why there is sun on our driveway (of course, we always have the sun shining down on us and birds singing in the background ;) )



The architectural lines on this blouse drew me to it; it's unlike anything else I wear.  The skirt I chose because the diagonal stripes seemed interesting and more flattering than straight horizontal stripes on my lower half.  Both are Target purchases but not purchased together.  Fortuitous since they are the only navy items I own.  The real challenge will be styling them with other items and especially with black, which predominates my closet.  Stay tuned!



With a blazer over it for work




Linking with Pleated Poppy and Style Elixir


Blazer: Banana Republic Outlet
Blouse: Target
Skirt: Target
Boots: Naturalizer Juletta
Watch: Tourneau

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your blouse! It looks fantastic on you. I love asymmetry and I'm so happy it seems to be 'in' now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aya! I agree, it adds interest. In the past I have tried on items with asymmetric hemlines but those were not at all flattering on me. I was so excited when I found this blouse instead!

    ReplyDelete