Monday, December 2, 2013

Cyber Monday

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  We went to my parents' house for lunch.  On the way back we stopped to feed the baby.  We pulled in at 5:52 PM.  A couple of brave ladies were waiting in the cold outside Old Navy.  I figured it would open at 6, and since we were there, maybe I would do some shopping.  But when I asked those ladies, they informed me that the store was opening at 8 PM!  I hope they got a great deal, and not pneumonia!

I didn't do any Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping.  The funny thing is, I did buy a laptop this weekend.  My husband and I have been sharing one for years, and when I saw the Black Friday specials, I thought this might be the time for me to get a separate one (especially since we both need it at night; he's currently patiently waiting while I type this).  Not willing to risk my life (really, towels?), I started looking online.  Once I decided on the right one, I clicked, and... it was sold out.  I went down my list, and of course all the deals were gone, even though it was the day before Thanksgiving.  Then I called the closest Staples, and they had one in stock!  They don't hold computers, so I immediately went down there, and...it was gone.  Although I guess I got revenge because they had to watch my two year old run up and down the aisles squealing with delight and stopping occasionally to hug me and hide from his Dad while they looked for the missing computer.  So then I came home, looked online, and ended up buying a nicer one that was in stock and on sale.  All in all I do think I got a good deal, and I can't wait to try it out.  So it was a cyber weekend for me, I guess, just not how retailers intended.
Since I didn't go clothes shopping this weekend, you are stuck looking at pieces you have seen before from my closet, though not in this combination.




Superman pose

The best part is the coincidence of nails matching the blouse!




 Linking up with Not Dead Yet Style Visible Monday

Blouse: Target
Sweater: Old, don't remember
Necklace: "
Belt: Calf hair, Nordstrom's
Pants: Loft

4 comments:

  1. Love the look of mustard and blue. Such a gorgeous combination!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've chosen a perfect time to splurge on the laptop.. I wish we have something equivalent to Black Friday here.. well, we do have some 'huge' sales but nothing like your Black Friday :)

    WARM GREETINGS FROM DUBAI! xxx
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, esp with the perfectly accented manicure! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweaters! Yes ... with a shirt beneath! You look adorable, so flattering to your already fantastic little figure.
    I was just thinking about layering shirts with v-necks ...a belt! Nice to see such an attractive iteration from you!

    ReplyDelete