Thursday, October 17, 2013

Menswear

When I saw that Third Thursday Threads was Menswear Inspired, I knew exactly what I wanted to wear.  I have been wearing this vest for years.  Lucky for me it is now in fashion!   And before I wore the vest with slacks I wore it with a black mini, red silk button up, and red tie.  Back in my single days.
This blouse is one of my favorites.  I saw it in a store in the Village when my now husband and I were walking in NYC.  I was immediately drawn to its perfect shade of pink, as well as the silk ruffles.  I didn't buy it because of the price tag.  Instead I came back to my new home Atlanta and found a similar cobalt version (again, before the color was in fashion- I'm two for two!).   Then on my birthday a few months later Rodney presented me with the blouse! 






 




 What trends did you wear before they became trends?  I'd love to hear!  Linking up with Work Clothes, I Suppose.

Blouse: NYC
Vest: Mom
Slacks: Marshalls/TJMaxx
Watch: Husband
Shoes: Old, don't remember


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from Bri's link up and I wanted to say I LOVE the pink ruffled shirt under the vest. Looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete