Monday, October 28, 2013

My Achilles Heels

My weakness is jackets.  How many can I possibly need, living in the Deep South?  Doesn't matter- I have a closetful, and I just bought two more for my upcoming birthday!  I can only imagine how many I would have if I lived somehwere it actually gets cold.
So now that it is officially jacket weather I am showing off one of my beauties. 



 This is the cobalt blouse I mentioned in my Menswear Post.


First this sweet boy wanted to be in the photo


Then this one started clamoring for his turn!
And finally these boots!  My other Achilles heel (I know) is boots.  I remember at one point in my midtwenties having tall brown boots, tall black boots, short black boots, short tan boots, and if memory serves even short red boots in my closet all in the same season.  Alas, I was not careful about my purchases back then, and all those cheap boots did not last very long.  This time around I wanted to do a better job.  I tried on many many pairs, but I really wanted weathered gray boots.  This pair is my most expensive purchase to date (other than my wedding dress of course).  I bought them last year when I was pregnant, so I justified the cost since I wasn't buying a lot of (or really any) other clothes or shoes.  When I took these out to wear (I waited a whole year to wear them!), they now appear more brown; I guess it's a warm gray.  But I love them!  They are so comfortable.


 
Jacket:  Marshalls/TJ Maxx
Blouse: Marshalls/TJ Maxx
Skirt: Target
Watch: Husband
Boots:  Naturalizer Juletta Gray

2 comments:

  1. Love the jacket and the kids are even cuter! When is your hubby making an appearance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nupur! He said he's not, but he's already on the "about" page. I plan on sneaking a photo of him in his costume for tomorrow's Halloween post, so check back soon.

    ReplyDelete