Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mood Nails

Since I have two giant zits on my face I am foregoing the outfit post to tell you about my fabulous new nails.  My lovely coworker, who gets her nails done regularly, recently showed me her heat sensitive nail polish.  It changes color based on body temperature, akin to mood rings.  After my oohing and aahing she offered to take me to her nail salon.
So we went, and I am so happy with the result!  I have these beautiful nude nails that turn a deep pink when I am cold, which is often.  These not only change color based on my mood (ok body temperature) but they also change my mood, because I get so excited when I see them!  They are gel nails, which also means they last a little longer than traditional nail polish.  Ultraviolet light is used to set them.  Not that much longer, mind you, within 5 days I noticed peeling at the corners, but considering I normally ruin my nails before I leave the salon that is definitely an improvement!

At the salon, after dipping two of my fingers in cold water


Changing colors at a stoplight on my way home

No comments:

Post a Comment