Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Back in Black

Black is definitely my go to color.  In fact I have been surprised by how much brown I have been wearing recently, but the main reason for that is that my brown pants fit better :) . 

I was missing wearing my mustard jacket, so I put this together to wear with it. You can see other ways I have worn it here and here.

 
 I kept wanting to add something to this; I thought about a scarf but that wouldn't go very well with the cowl neck, or even a long necklace but it didn't look right.  A belt would break up the black line which I want. Cuff bracelet would look funny with the fitted sleeves.

This is my first time wearing the sweater skirt from my February budget post.  So the story behind it is that when the Catherine Malandrino for Kohls collection came out, I really liked her sweater skirt.  But the dropped waist silhouette of a long sweater over the skirt (how she styled it) does not flatter me at all.  So I didn't buy it, but I still wanted a sweater skirt.  Of course when I went to TJ Maxx and found a black one (so much more versatile) in a more flattering cut, I had to buy it.  The problem is I haven't come up with a lot of ways to wear it (vs my pink skirt, so many ways to wear it).  Give me time ... (really, please, I need extra hours in the day).



NEED...MORE...SLEEP!


 
 
Jacket: Wilson's Leather
Sweater: Gap
Skirt: TJ Maxx


3 comments:

  1. I think a scarf left hanging or a long necklace would give you the extra you are looking for, love the dress and coat ( I have the same one in forest green from Wilsons leather)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I didn't think about leaving the scarf hanging, that might do the trick! None of my long necklaces looked right with the cowl neck.

      Delete
  2. so chic! Love the mustard jacket.

    ReplyDelete