Friday, November 8, 2013

C'est La Vie

I bought this "jacket" at a tween store in upstate New York, one I realistically probably should not have even been in.  My husband HATES the buttons. Of course I think they make the jacket.  And now that I have started reading blogs, I can't help but think that it looks like something Blair from Atlantic-Pacific would wear (but with a much cooler rest of the outfit - probably a midi ruffled skirt).

I hate that you can't see my bracelets well. They are a set of three that I bought in Oaxaca, Mexico.  I first saw them in a store.  I didn't buy them, and when I went back I could not find the store again.  Then I saw them at a street stall, but they were at a much higher price. That made no sense, since the stall obviously has less overhead.  But when I tried to point that out to the gentleman running the stall, he got quite angry and called me a liar!  So then I magically managed to find the store again and buy them for a lower price.  While I'm walking home, consoling myself about at least buying authentic Mexican handiwork, I notice that the back of the tag says "Made in USA."  How do you say C'est la Vie in Spanish?


Jacket: Upstate NY
Pants: Dalia collection via Marshalls/ TJ Maxx
Shoes:  DSW
Watch: Husband
Bracelets:  Oaxaca, Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment