Monday, November 4, 2013

Black and Blue

My mood was a little black and blue this AM.  The thing about outfit photos, and one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog, is they really force you to critically look at your ensembles.  For example, I really liked this outfit all day today, but now that I look at these photos I'm not sure it is a flattering look.
The blazer has a patterned lining, so I can also wear it with the sleeves rolled up for a pop. For today I chose to wear them down and go for a sleek look with the tights and boots.

 


The detail on the skirt echoes the ruffles on the blouse somewhat
 I wrote in detail about my gray boots last week.  While searching for the perfect pair I came across these at a really good price, they fit perfectly, and are a good complement being sleek.   They are too slim fitting to tuck pants into (the gray ones are for that) so these are just for tights.  I don't have any other ones hiding up my sleeve though (well, a pair of booties, but that's a whole different category, right?).


Blazer: Daniel Rainn via Marshalls/TJ Maxx
Blouse:  Marshalls/TJ Maxx
Skirt:  Max Studio via Marshalls/TJ Maxx
Boots: Etienne Aigner Celina via Marshalls/TJ Maxx

I didn't realize I was a walking ad for Marshalls/TJ Maxx today,  but I guess I am.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment