Monday, November 18, 2013

Scarf 101

Scarves have always been associated with the chic and sophisticated in my mind.  I love the look of scarves, but rarely wear them.  When I started this blog I knew one of my goals would be to figure out how to wear a scarf like a professional (is there such a thing- a professional scarf wearer? Sign me up!).  This is my first one of the season.  Don't tell anyone, but I cheated. This is an infinity scarf, so all I had to do was loop it around my neck a few times, and voila (see- French- chic and sophisticated already!)



Because you can't see the sequin on sequin very well, the blouse underneath is this one.   If you follow this blog you know that I have gone from no sequins in the daytime, to sequin blouse, to now sequin blouse and blazer together all in six weeks.  At this rate I may have to add sequined pants to the ensemble by New Year's!
Don't worry, I don't own sequined pants.  I do have a glittery skirt though...;)

Scarf: Kohl's
Blazer: American Eagle
Blouse: Loft
Pants: Loft
Watch: Tourneau, husband

Linking up with Not Dead Yet Style

6 comments:

  1. Found my way here through Patti's Visible Monday. I think I like your style a great deal!

    I too have difficulty styling scarves, especially because I choose distinctive ones and can't get 'em to coordinate with outfits.

    There's a video (not mine, no spamming self-promotion, I promise!) that you may find handy. 25 ways to wear a scarf in 4.5 minutes. Features a dancing Asian woman, so you've been warned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LYAEz777AU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'll definitely check out the video- hard to resist a dancing Asian woman ;)

      Delete
  2. It's not cheating to use an infinity scarf -- it's smart! : > Love your look and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, it's my first one and I loved seeing everyone!

      Delete
  3. Hello, Rachna! Pretty use of the infinity scarf ... love it with your sparkly stuff. All good for days, or dates ... it's all fair game now, Lovely colors on you, and that jacket has a great fit!
    Hope you continue to enjoy Patti's Visible Mondays. There's a brilliant bunch of women, and we ALWAYS are interested in what you're wearing and what you think about what you're wearing!
    Nosey? Maybe. Mostly just curious, and anxious to see how other women manage to look good!
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You as well! I'm part nosey and part curious as well, so this should work out great!

    ReplyDelete